Dashboards & Visualizations

Return Visualization and table from one search

Tachikoma
Engager

Apologies if this has been asked before. 

Essentially, I have a Single-value visualization in a dashboard that just displays a number. This dashboard was built in Dashboard Studio, and the search tied to the visualization is a simple:

Index="my_index"
| stats count

What I want to accomplish is that when people open this search from the visualization, instead of displaying the | stats count, it will display a table of the data.

If I add a table command at the end, I lose the stats for the visualization. Is there any way to have both a table and stats from one search? Or is there a way to have a different search open when somebody clicks this visualization?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Tachikoma
Engager

I found the answer. I added an interaction to my dashboard visualization, and linked a custom URL to the search I wanted. So now when users click on the number in the dashboard, it takes them to a table of the data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Tachikoma
Engager

I found the answer. I added an interaction to my dashboard visualization, and linked a custom URL to the search I wanted. So now when users click on the number in the dashboard, it takes them to a table of the data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...