Dashboards & Visualizations

Perform GET or POST action depending on table value

Dworsnop
Path Finder

Hi all. I am generating a dashboard table containing possible indicators of compromise observed on a network. Included in the search that generates the table is...

| eval ActionText=if('model'="Watchlisted domain","Check on Virus Total",(mvappend("Check on Virus Total","Add to Watchlist")))

Along with the rest of the search I end up with a table like this...

... | IoC               | ... | model                             | ActionText                     | ... | ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... | <domain> | ... | Watchlisted domain | Check on Virus Total | ... | ... 

... | <domain> | ... | Suspicious domain   | Check on Virus Total | ... | ...

Add to Watchlist          

... | <domain> | ... | Watchlisted domain | Check on Virus Total | ... | ... 

I would like to configure a drilldown so that clicking on "Check on Virus Total" in the table will perform a GET request using the IoC field as a token, and a POST action to an internal API when I click on "Add to Watchlist", again using the IoC from the corresponding row/event.

Any ideas for a starting point?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...