| |
| | |
a b c

While I would like to have

| 
| |
| | |
b a c

ie. sorted by the value of the bar and not by its name. I searched for "order bar chart", "sort bar chart" but somehow I seem to be the only one having such metaphysical problems 🙂
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cphair
Builder

Hi wsw,

If you pipe your search to "| sort - Value" (or whatever the field is called), then graph it as a bar chart, it should sort automatically. Does this work for you?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cphair
Builder

Hi wsw,

If you pipe your search to "| sort - Value" (or whatever the field is called), then graph it as a bar chart, it should sort automatically. Does this work for you?

0 Karma

cphair
Builder

Well, a timechart is always going to show the same order of events on the x-axis because time doesn't change. Are you trying to order the bars within each time segment from largest to smallest?

0 Karma

AlexMcDuffMille
Communicator

It still doesn't seem to work:

(host, sourcetype, yada yada) | multikv fields PRODUCER HOST | timechart span=1d avg(TRANSFERS) as TRANSFERS by HOST | sort - TRANSFERS

0 Karma

cphair
Builder

You need to name the averaged field something. timechart span=1d avg(TRANSFERS) as TRANSFERS by HOST should work.

0 Karma

AlexMcDuffMille
Communicator

I take the average of a field called 'TRANSFERS' so for me my search is "timechart span=1d avg(TRANSFERS) by HOST"

If I add "| sort - TRANSFERS" it doesn't do anything differently.

Any ideas?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...