Dashboards & Visualizations

Modifying pie chart colors in dashboard studio?

satish
Explorer

Hi Experts,

Im unable to find modify the pie chart colors using dashboard studio.  I have tried to add field colors under options in dashboard studio. Unable to edit for specific visualisation in the source code field.  

Have a field called "supp_type", I was looking for pie chart to be green for value "current", Amber for "previous" and red for "old". 

When I include the charting.fieldcolors it doesn't accept  or doesn't allow to save the panel code.

Can you help me in adding that custom colors into dashboard studio.  

Query:
-------------
index=lab host=hmclab 
| spath path=hmc_info{} output=LIST
| mvexpand LIST
| spath input=LIST
| where category == "hmc"
| search hmc_version=V* OR hmc_version=unknown
| dedup hmc_name
| eval supp_type=case(match(hmc_version,"^V10.*|^V9R2.*"), "current", match(hmc_version, "^V9R1.*"), "previous", match(hmc_version, "^V8.*|^V7.*"), "old")
| chart count by supp_type useother=false

Source Code from dashboard studio: 
------------------------------------------------------
{
"type": "viz.pie",
"dataSources": {
"primary": "ds_RxEsq1cK"
},
"title": "HMC Versions",
"options": {
"chart.showPercent": true,
"backgroundColor": "transparent",
"charting.fieldColors": {"current":0x008000, "previous":0xffff00, "old":0xff0000}
},
"context": {},
"showProgressBar": false,
"showLastUpdated": false
}
Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

satish
Explorer

I have tried to add the below the option under the panel. It seems to have worked. 

"seriesColors": ["#61A84F","#FFBF00", "#FF0000"]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

satish
Explorer

I have tried to add the below the option under the panel. It seems to have worked. 

"seriesColors": ["#61A84F","#FFBF00", "#FF0000"]
0 Karma

archana1
Hi @satish ,
Even after providing the series colors as mentioned by you in the previous comment, i couldnot set/change the color in piechart . Could you please help on how to change the color of piechart. I want to provide 2 colors red for failed slice and green for pass slice.

"viz_HoWEnZsV": {
            "type": "splunk.pie",
            "title": "Result",
            "dataSources": {
                "primary": "ds_PlnRHbXf"
            }
        },
 "ds_PlnRHbXf": {
            "type": "ds.search",
            "options": {
                "query": " index = _internal | chart avg(bytes) over source",
            },
            "seriesColors": ["#61A84F","#FFBF00", "#FF0000"],
            "name": "Search_1"

Thanks,

0 Karma

archana1

Hi @satish ,

I also tried giving "charting.fieldColors"as below . Still there is no change in the pie chart. Please guide

{
    "type": "splunk.pie",
    "title": " Result",
    "dataSources": {
        "primary": "ds_PlnRHbXf"
    },
    "options": {
        "charting.fieldColors": {
            "failed": "#FF0000",
            "passed": "#008000"
        }
    },
    "context": {},
    "showProgressBar": false,
    "showLastUpdated": false
0 Karma

adent
Explorer

The answer is in the planning dept basement behind a locked door with the sign "beware of the leper".

seriesColorsByFieldobjectn/aSpecify the colors used for specific pie slice labels. For example: {"April": "#008000", "May": "#FFA500

Much of the pie documentation does not have the current option. I found it once on the splunk documentation for dashboard studio pie chart but could not find it again. I then searched for "splunk pie chart options dashboard studio code" and found the following url: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/DashStudio/objOptRef

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...