Dashboards & Visualizations

Legends in bar chart

erkin
Engager

Hi, Im a novice to Splunk and i have a question regarding visualization.

I have my query like this:

|...myBaseQuery
| chart c as "Count" by category

This results in me only having one legend in my visualization, "Count". I was wondering if there's any way to get the all the values as a legend on the right (see image) ?

I realized this is possible when i also use the retailUnit in the chart command:

|...myBaseQuery
| chart c as "Count" by retailUnit category

Then I get one label for each category (see image), but i want to achieve this without sorting on retailUnit.

Is this possible?

Skärmavbild 2024-03-18 kl. 10.18.55.pngSkärmavbild 2024-03-18 kl. 10.12.47.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean something like this

| eval static="Category"
| chart count by static category

View solution in original post

0 Karma

erkin
Engager

Yes! Exactly what I need, thank you.

Now the only issue I'm having is that I'm no longer available to sort the bar chart in descending order. Earlier I used to do | sort -count, but that doesn't seem to work using static

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, chart will sort the columns by name. In order to get around this, you need to use transpose

| eval static="Category"
| transpose header_field=static column_name=category
| sort - Category
| transpose header_field=category column_name=static

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean something like this

| eval static="Category"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...