Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there any placeholder token for application name in case I clone my app and give it a different name?

prathikpisplunk
Explorer

Hi,

Do we have any placeholder for application name?
like in the below path, if I want to get the application name dynamically.

{{SPLUNKWEB_URL_PREFIX}}/static/app//common.js

In case I clone my app and give a different name, but since we have it hard coded, the link takes me to the original app instead of cloned one.

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

Following Environment Token can be used:
$env:app$

For the complete list of Environment Token please refer to the following documentation : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/tokens

Or Default Environment Tokens example in the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app.

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

Following Environment Token can be used:
$env:app$

For the complete list of Environment Token please refer to the following documentation : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/tokens

Or Default Environment Tokens example in the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app.

prathikpisplunk
Explorer

Thanks for reply. The link seems to be not working. Please check the link and post again

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

There were asterix * which got included in the link. Please try again. However, $env.app$ can be used in your dashaboard for pulling App Name. You can directly try printing in HTML panel.

prathikpisplunk
Explorer

Thanks a lot for your quick response

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...