Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there a way to set an html page as the Home Page default for Splunk?

katelynengel
Explorer

I know that the default Splunk settings do not allow you to set an html page as the Home Page default. I was wondering if there is a way around this as our Home Pages are html.

0 Karma

jchampagne_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, you’re able to replace the default homepage for your app with an HTML page. You just need to create an HTML folder in one of the following places:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/<app>/default/data/ui/html
  $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/<app>/local/data/ui/html

Create your HTML dashboard and place it in the HTML folder you created above. Keep in mind that your HTML page will need to include all of the navigation and toolbars because you’ll be replacing the entire Splunk UI. A good way to get started with an HTML dashboard would be to create a simple XML dashboard and convert it to HTML and then make any further changes you need. You can convert any simple XML dashboard to HTML by opening the dashboard, clicking Edit > Convert to HTML

Next, edit the default.xml file in the nav folder to reference the name of your HTML page (without the extension). To make that page the default, just add default=“true” to the line. You'll want to make sure that a simple XML dashboard with the same name as your HTML dashboard does not exist.

Example:

<nav>
  <collection label="Overview">
    <view name="cumulative_overview" default="true"/>
    <view name="host_overview" />
  </collection>

timpacl
Path Finder

I assume you meant the path to be $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps//local/data/ui/html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...