Dashboards & Visualizations

Include link to another dashboard

tachu
Explorer

I created an advanced xml dashboard that groups up a bunch of single values in generic headers, I would like to include a link in that group to a dashboard that has charts and graphs of the single values. I cant find in the modules what would be the right thing to use to include a link to a dashboard that i saved already ie: en-US/app/search/myotherdashboard

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

You can simply use the StaticContentSample and insert a HTML fragment that includes a link to another dashboard:

<module name="StaticContentSample">
    <param name="text"><![CDATA[ 
        <a href="myotherdashboard">Link to my other dashboard</a>
    ]]></param>
</module>

You can use relative links (like in the example above) to link to a view within the same app, or server-relative (eg. <a href="/app/search/myotherdashboard">...</a>), which allows to link to views in other apps as well.

tachu
Explorer

Thanks, seems so obvious!

0 Karma

Rukmani_Splunk
Path Finder

Hi
I am new to splunk XML coding,

When i use this code it shows the following error

XML Syntax Error: Cannot find object mapper for panel type: module

Please help. I am using Splunk 6.4.1

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...