Dashboards & Visualizations

In a query being saved to a dashboard panel, how do I escape the Start of Header (SOH) character?

kechem

Hello.

I've got a query that i'm trying to save as a Dashboard Panel. I have used the SOH character in my query and this is causing the below errors when saving. Could anyone advise please?

Argument 'eai:data' contains invalid character : ...

0 Karma

p3t3rm00r3

You're better off cleaning the data first;

you can do this at the sourcetype level in the props.conf by adding;

SEDCMD-ccremove=s/\x01/|/g

Or at the search line with

rex mode="sed" "s/\x01/|/g"

That will replace your fix SOH with a pipe delimiter. You can then use an | extract pairdelim="|" kvdelim="="

this will automatically extract your kv pairs

or you can replace the SOH in your rex with \W (rex for not a word character) so..
"\W455=(\w+)"

0 Karma

p3t3rm00r3

It's better to clean the data first;

Put this in your props.conf for your sourcetype
SEDCMD-ccremove=s/\x01/|/g

or on the search line

| rex mode="sed" "s/\x01/|/g"

after that you'll have a pipe delimiter for your kv pairs, you can rex the field or use and extract pairdelim to get your field.

0 Karma

kechem

See attached image, does anybody know? alt text

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@kechem,

Try including your search in CDATA

<query><![CDATA["your search with SOH"]]></query>
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

kechem

Argument 'eai:data' contains invalid character : BBG FIX audit per ECN ID -24h@h now

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

what is the character, can you try using / ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...