Dashboards & Visualizations

How would I avoid negative value in trend indicator when using single value visualization?

ojtoids
Explorer

I am trying to build a trending dashboard of the count of tickets we get. With the below query, I am trying to display the increase/decrease in the count of tickets we got for each type for the past two weeks.

index=tickets
Status IN ("Open", "Pending") earliest=-14D@w0 latest=@w0
| dedup ticketid 
| eval ticket_type=case(like(Tags,"%tag1%"),"Type1",
like(Tags,"%tag2%") AND !like(Tags,"%tag1%"), "Type2",
like(Tags,"%tag3%") AND !like(Tags,"%tag1%") AND !like(Tags,"%tag2%") , "Type3") 
| timechart usenull=f span=1w count by ticket_type

type.png
The problem is whenever we have more count(tickets) for the previous week, it shows the data with a "-" minus sign. 

Question:

1. Not able to understand why a "-" would be there for a count.  
2. Is there a way to suppress the "-" sign ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

dural_yyz
Communicator

I'm sure there is a math option to turn the negative number to the same value on the positive side of the scale.  However, once you change the negative to a positive you will change the direction of the arrows.  It would constantly appear as though your period over period value is increasing.

TL;DR: The direction of the arrow is directly tied to a positive or negative value. 

You can just do the single value without trend but I have a feeling that is not what you are after.

0 Karma

ojtoids
Explorer

Yes, having a single value would defeat its purpose of showing trend comparison to last week.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...