Dashboards & Visualizations

How to set a single value result to show the Total and have a sparkline showing the trending average underneath?

antonyhan
Path Finder

To my understanding, single value uses the first value of the result table.
However, how do I build the search for the single value panel to show the total and sparkline underneath to show average?
Also, how do I change the trend indicator to compare current total and total an hour ago?

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you'd like to see the total as the "main" single value, you'll have to forfeit the use of timechart (since this will be time-based), which will then forfeit the sparkline and trend indicator. I think you best bet may be to separate this into two different single value visualizations. One single value visualization for the running total, and a separate one where you show the 15 min average, which will can include the trend from an hour ago.

antonyhan
Path Finder

alt text

What I hope to achieve is to have the 68 represents the running TOTAL, -135 is the trend from an hour ago and the sparkline shows the 15 minutes average.
Right now I can only show the last 15 mins' avg where the [68] is.

thanks.

0 Karma

zeinstein
Path Finder

I'm trying to achieve something very similar (without the trend part). I can show the total using addcoltotals, however, then the sparkline is messed up. Then, when I have a nice sparkline, then the total is nowhere to be shown... Did you come to a solution on this matter?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...