Dashboards & Visualizations

How to separate key loggers from raw log

aditsss
Motivator

Hi Team,

I am getting raw log as below:

2023-07-22 09:18:19.454 [INFO ] [Thread-3] AssociationProcessor - compareTransformStatsData : statisticData: StatisticData [selectedDataSet=0, rejectedDataSet=0, totalOutputRecords=19996779, totalInputRecords=0, fileSequenceNum=0, fileHeaderBusDt=null, busDt=07/21/2023, fileName=SETTLEMENT_TRANSFORM_MERGE, totalAchCurrOutstBalAmt=0.0, totalAchBalLastStmtAmt=0.0, totalClosingBal=8.933513237882E10, sourceName=null, version=1, associationStats={}] ---- controlFileData: ControlFileData [fileName=SETTLEMENT_TRANSFORM_ASSOCIATION, busDate=07/21/2023, fileSequenceNum=0, totalBalanceLastStmt=0.0, totalCurrentOutstBal=0.0, totalRecordsWritten=19996779, totalRecords=0, totalClosingBal=8.933513237882E10]

I want to show each count separately how can we show that:

totalOutputRecords=19996779,
totalClosingBal=8.933513237882E10

How can we create query like this:

index= "abc" sourcetype = "600000304_gg_abs_ipc2" "AssociationProcessor

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Given that you have asked similar questions before and have been shown how to extract information from log events, what have you tried so far for this scenario?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

I tried but not able to get the correct result can you please guide me here.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What have you tried?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

I have Tried with below query:

index= "abc*" sourcetype = "600000304_gg_abs_ipc2" "Post ASSOCIATION" source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-transform/logs/gfp-settlement-transform.log" |rex "ASSOCIATION\s+(?<message1>.*)"|table message1 _time

getting below result:

messgae1:

totalInputRecordsCount=19011600, totalOutputRecordsCount=19011598, totalOutstBalFeeAm=8.512726772817E10, nonFinChargeAccounts=17711858, finChargeAccounts=18721170, nonFinCycleAccounts=628, plasticChngAccounts=22298, legalEntityChangeAccounts=0, resv2NonResvAccounts=28, nonresv2ResvAccounts=2694, newAccounts=20663, c2AAccounts=24, acctTermChngCount=155431, excludeAcctCount=0, dailyComputeCount=0, mcaCdChngCount=0, productChngCount=3815

I want to serrate each one of them as I need to show only specific information required like totalInputRecordsCount=19011600, totalOutputRecordsCount=19011598 only these two

@ITWhisperer please guide

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Based on what your rex command currently does, how would you create a new rex command to find the strings you are interested in (the anchors) and extract the values following the anchors?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer  Is this possible to get only that two result from that query please guide.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Here is a guide to how the rex command works

rex - Splunk Documentation

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

Hi @ITWhisperer 

I am getting current result as below:

index="600000304_d_gridgain_idx*" sourcetype=600000304_gg_abs_ipc2 sourcetype = "600000304_gg_abs_ipc2" "Post ASSOCIATION" source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-transform/logs/gfp-settlement-transform.log" |rex "Post ASSOCIATION\s+(?<message1>.*)"|table message1 _time

How can I just show  totalInputRecordCount along with the count.

totalInputRecordsCount = 19011600

Capture.PNG

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Explain to me what you think the rex command is doing in your search.

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

This Rex command is just giving me all the log after POST ASSOCIATION

But I want only specific information from that logs

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How exactly does the rex command do that?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

index="600000304_d_gridgain_idx*" sourcetype=600000304_gg_abs_ipc2 sourcetype = "600000304_gg_abs_ipc2" "Post ASSOCIATION" source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-transform/logs/gfp-settlement-transform.log" |rex "Post ASSOCIATION\s+(?<message1>.*)"|table message1 _time

The rex command is giving me all results after POST ASSOCIATION but I only want specific information out of it.

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

Could you please guide me how can I use regex to get that expression

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is the command you are already using

|rex "Post ASSOCIATION\s+(?<message1>.*)"

You have the _raw log events it is working against

You have the results in the message1 field

You have the documentation for the rex command

You can use use regex101.com as a guide to what the expression is doing and see it working if you paste in your data.

You just need to put a bit of effort into learning what is going on and then try and figure out how to change it to get the new data that you want.

There is a saying about giving fish or teaching how to fish, this is a case of the latter.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So, if I understand correctly, you are using the rex command without understanding what it does or how you might modify it to get a different result?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

Can you please help out here to get each of them like InputNumberOf records =189

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...