Dashboards & Visualizations

How to remove a field from visualisation?

zacksoft
Contributor

I intended to check the rate of change of my response time of http requets, for which I use the delta command.
Here is how it goes,

| base query
| timechart span=30s avg(Response_Time) as Response_Time| delta Response_Time as rate_of_change

Now, when it runs, I go to visualiatization and select line chart. It gives me two lines 1. Response_Time 2. rate_of_change.
I don't want response_time , I only want the visualization to show 'rate_of _change'

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

TISKAR
Builder

Hello can you try this please:

| base query
| timechart span=30s avg(Response_Time) as Response_Time| delta Response_Time as rate_of_change | fields - Response_Time

View solution in original post

0 Karma

TISKAR
Builder

Hello can you try this please:

| base query
| timechart span=30s avg(Response_Time) as Response_Time| delta Response_Time as rate_of_change | fields - Response_Time
0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

cool ! This helps. If I may ask one related question. Instead of evaluating delta of average Response_Time, if I want to calculate delta only of response_time, what change I do? I tried values(Response_Time) it won't work. Thank you.

0 Karma

TISKAR
Builder

Can you accept the answer to help another person please

0 Karma

TISKAR
Builder

Use that:

| base query
| bin _time span=15s
| delta Response_Time as rate_of_change | table rate_of_change , _time
0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

The only change I made to your suggestion is, I removed _time from | table and kept rate_of_change only , but somehow the visualizations won't work. (line chart)

0 Karma

TISKAR
Builder

If you want a graphic represent variation rate_of_change by _time you must keep the _time, because if you remove _time you have one field, and line chart represent the variation between two field

0 Karma

TISKAR
Builder

Try by this:

| base query
     | delta Response_Time as rate_of_change | table rate_of_change , _time

Can you accept the answer to help another person please

0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

But I seek to find the delta between now and the response time after 15 seconds. .
The above command evaluates Delta between consecutive response time...!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...