Dashboards & Visualizations

How to plot multiline chart with results of different length?

SkyeCoder
Explorer

Hi there,

I have a query like this:

message="A" | timechart count AS AA | appendcols [search message="B" | timechart count AS BB] 

I want to plot this on the same chart with two lines, AA and BB. But AA have a length of 20 and BB has a length of 60. I believe this is why I am not seeing any line? if so, how can I pad AA with extra 40 zeros so that it is the same length as BB?

Many thanks

Labels (3)
0 Karma

SkyeCoder
Explorer

Thanks for your answer, it did not quite work, even though I see how it should really work! I will look into it a bit more

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Let's hope that you could fix it. Please add also needed indexes, source types etc. to your main query to be sure that you (and especially other users) are using correct events. It's not sure that all user have the same default search indexes as you have!

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

could this solve your issue?

message="A" OR message="B" 
| timechart sum(eval(message=="A")) as AA sum(eval(message=="B")) as BB
| fillnull value=0

r. Ismo 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...