Dashboards & Visualizations

How to integrate Remedy with Splunk to collect and report on ticket details in a dashboard?

kishen2016
Explorer

I have Remedy and splunk in our environment. I need to view the remedy ticket details through a Splunk dashboard.
How to Integrate Splunk with Remedy?
How to collect ticket details from Remedy and display it in Splunk dashboard.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which do you want to do, pull splunk data into remedy, or pull remedy data into splunk?

You mentioned both directions in your comment.

For pulling data from splunk, you can use the splunk ODBC driver, or even Splunk Rest API:
http://www.splunk.com/en_us/solutions/solution-areas/business-analytics/odbc-driver.html
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/RESTUM/RESTusing

For pulling data from remedy, it depends on your version of remedy. I recommend you contact the vendor for REST/WSDL/API documentation. Then write a script to pull the data, etc.

0 Karma

kishen2016
Explorer

There are 2 apps in splunkbase for BMC Remedy but they are not useful for my requirement.

Platform Advisor for BMC Remedy - This is for Remedy Administrator to manage their Remedy server environment.
Splunk Add-on for BMC Remedy - This is used to create and update incidents in Remedy system through Splunk.

But my requirement is to connect remedy from splunk . Collect and display remedy incident details in a splunk dashboard.

Any body has any idea of how to use Remedy WSDL URL to connect and get the data from splunk

0 Karma

nitesh_kumar
Observer

Hello There,

Please use the Splunk DB Connect to Collect the Logs. Ask your Remedy to provide table detail.

For Every activity there is change in the Column date and Time. 

I Believe this will Work for you.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...