Dashboards & Visualizations

How to import dashboards and their contents from my local instance into a central server instance?

chunked
Engager

Dear community,

is there a way to import dashboards and their contents (panels and visualisations) from my local Splunk instance into a central Splunk server instance?

And if so, how do I have to proceed?

My dashboard and the contents are readable for everyone.

Thanks and best regards,

Dietmar

Labels (1)

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Copying the files might be the easiest way, otherwise transfer knowledge objects in https://github.com/gjanders/Splunk might work if you would prefer to use the REST API.

That's the precursor to Version control for splunk...

somesoni2
Revered Legend

AFAIK, there is no "import" option/wizard in Splunk to get those contents automatically. You'd have to manually copy those from  your local server to you Central Splunk instance. 

Ideally, you would create your artifacts as part of an app and if all objects have sharing permissions of either "app" or "global", their code/configuration will be written inside that app folder. You could just copy the whole folder OR you could create a package that can be installed on  your central Splunk server (see this ).

Based on how you deploy things, you could use a deployment server of SHC deployer to push those contents.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...