Dashboards & Visualizations

How to hide dashboard panel when user's search times out?

kmaron
Motivator

We are dealing with an issue where some of our users have a very short timeout in Splunk. We are working with Splunk to come up with better timeouts but in the meantime we need a way to stop dashboard panels form loading when a user times out to prevent them seeing partial results. 

I have tried the normal tokens that are used to hide a panel until a search is done but these "stopped" searches report as done (they just have partial results).   I have seen old solutions that used "finalized" but that has been deprecated.  ('ve tried cancelled, fail and error as well, no luck)

Does anyone have any idea how else I can stop these panels from loading when a search is "stopped" because of a timeout?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

kmaron
Motivator

I figured it out.  I was able to use the job.isFinalized token along with "done"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...