Dashboards & Visualizations

How to eliminate x axis chart time options

joesrepsolc
Communicator

Collecting summary data into a summary index every hour. Data will only have events at 8am, 9am, 10am etc. On my timechart panel Splunk still shows 8:10, 8:20, 8:30 etc and my data bars are spaced out really far. Tried span=1h but it still displays this way. Only going to be 24 values a day for each application I chart. How can I get these bars to show closer together, use a wider bar for each value? Dont like the super skinny bar width and spacing. Thanks!

x_axis_change.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

how about timechart with cont=f, for example:

<yourCurrentSearch>
| timechart count by Application cont=f 

Or use stats to plot _time like

<yourCurrentSearch>
| bin _time span=1h 
| stats count by _time Application

Both these approach will plot for only the Time for which data is present hence your chart should not have gap!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...