Dashboards & Visualizations

How to dynamically hide a dashboard panel based on drill-down selection?

akankshayadav
Path Finder

I am able to show the panel using drilldown by <panel depends="$token_file$".
But how can i hide the panel when work is done. Is there any approach?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To hide the panel, you need to unset the token (or set it to null which amounts to the same thing). The way I have done it in some instances, is to leverage the drilldown of the displayed panel to unset the token.

0 Karma

akankshayadav
Path Finder

what should be the code?
below is my code for setting the token in drilldown

akankshayadav_0-1622535779293.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ITWhisperer_0-1622537031849.png

0 Karma

akankshayadav
Path Finder

applying this , i cannot get  my drilldown panel when i click on the token.

my question is .. when i click on the file i see the panel connected by drill down. now i need a dynamic way to remove it so that , the panel disappears. and if i click again on the file then the drilldown should work and show the panel 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need this in the drilldown of the panel that opens i.e. the first drilldown shows the panel with the table, the drilldown from that table hides itself - it sounds like you replaced your existing drilldown instead of adding the drilldown to the other panel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...