Dashboards & Visualizations

How to display new notable in the results in watchlist lookup?

bobmccoy
Explorer

I have the following search that works but I'm trying to display more information in the search results. 

I have a watchlist lookup.  I use that to search notable events so that I can alert on a user or asset that is part of a new notable.    I'm trying to figure out how to display the new notable in the results. 

| inputlookup user_watchlist
| search _key=*
| rename _key as user
| table user asset
| dedup user asset
| eval flag="no"
| join type=left user asset
[ search index=notable
| where isnotnull(src)
| table src user _time
| mvexpand src
| mvexpand user
| dedup src user
| eval user=mvindex(split(user,"@"),0)
| eval flag="yes"
| rename src as asset
| eval asset=lower(asset)]
| where flag="yes"

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bobmccoy,

this surely is a very slow search, avoid to use join command, Splunk isn't a DB!

let me understand: you want all the notables for the users in the user_watchlist lookup, is it correct?

If tis is your requirement, you could try something like this:

index=notable [ | inputlookup user_watchlist WHERE _key=* | rename _key as user asset AS src | fields user src | dedup user asset ]
| where isnotnull(src)
| mvexpand src
| mvexpand user
| dedup src user
| eval user=mvindex(split(user,"@"),0)
| rename src as asset
| eval asset=lower(asset)

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...