Dashboards & Visualizations

How to disable online help link or how to make help local

lu
Explorer

Our customer uses Splunk in MZ and there is no access to Internet for Splunk online help. Is there some option to use local help for the help link or how to redirect this link to other local page?
In the worst case we will have to disable this link somehow. Is it configurable?

Thanks for any hint
lu

Tags (3)

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Edited: There are no local help files available at this time. To redirect or disable the link, you would need to modify web.conf as ziegfried describes, below. You can change the setting of docsCheckerBaseURL to an internal host. Note that Splunk does not recommend modifying the default configuration files.

ziegfried
Influencer

It's probably better to modify it in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf and add

[settings]
docsCheckerBaseURL = https://some.example.com/foo

If I'm not mistaken, the var/run/splunk/merged directory contains cache files produced by btool.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...