Dashboards & Visualizations

How to customized my own search page , which with more inputs fields in it?

leooooowang
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have build such customized search page by Advance XML before. 

The example is like this :

advance_search_page.PNG

It will add more input fields on the search page, but still keep the UI features of search results.

Our users love this!!  and this is why we couldn't  upgrade our Splunk to the latest version ( which is not support the Advance XML )

Is there anyway that I could customized the search page by Simple XML Dashboard?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @leooooowang,

you could use the searches you're using in the present Advanced XML page to recreate this page in Simple XML.

Start from the panels and then add one by one the inputs.

It isn't complicated only it's a long and annoying job.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

leooooowang
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi, @gcusello  :

Yes, create those inputs fields by Simple XML is easy. But the hardest part is the UI  page of search result.

Our users want to keep the "event timeline" , and "fields summary" on the result page.

I can't find anyway to implement such UI function by Simple XML . 

And the out-of-box  "search" page does not look like implemented by Simple XML,too...

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @leooooowang,

as I said, you have to create a new dashboard in Simple XML that have the same panels and inputs of the Advanced XML dashboard.

You have to create all the panels and inputs using the same searches of the old dashbord.

Event Timeline can ve displayed using a chart or the timeline wiz (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3120), instead fields summary should be a list of fields that you can insert in a table.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...