Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create editable table on dashboard

omerl
Path Finder

Hello!

I have a table on my dashboard. There are some fields on this table with are partially filled, And I would want to let the user fill them manually.
For this case I thought about storing the manually edited data on a lookup table (csv), join those fields to my search, and present it in my table. I tried to think about a way of letting the user edit those fields, so I setted a drilldown, which set a token with the selected row key, and an input, in which the user can edit the fields values. After filling those values, the user clicks on submit input button, and the data is written to the lookup table, using a hidden search on the page (which use outputlookup)

Here is an example of how it looks like:
alt text

The problem is - I can't update the values on the table after clicking on submit, what makes this a bad solution to my problem. (Well, I can by re-running the query, but I don't want to search again and again every time the user changes a single row (+ splunk doesn't let me re run search on submit unless there is a change in the query, and there isn't)).

I hope someone have a solution or even a better way to solve my problem.
Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...