Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a export to pdf button to download customized pdf of the Splunk dashboard Using JavaScript?

anooshac
Communicator

Hi Everyone,

I have a dashboard which has pie chart , table and line chart etc. I want create a button so that i can export the dashboard as pdf with the content only i want. For example i want to remove the drop downs and i want alter the font size etc. I know that this is not possible directly in Splunk. Is it possible using JavaScript. I m trying out JavaScript for the first time and need some inputs. How can i achieve this?

thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@anooshac - It's not gonna be a simple task as you will require to work with some JS library and Python code.

It's not gonna be short answer so I would suggest to look at the code of below two Apps and you will get some ideas from there:

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Hi @VatsalJagani , Thanks for the input.

Is it going to be a big task which requires so much effort?

Also how can i use those apps? does this require any change in the Splunk settings side?

Thank you..

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@anooshac - You can just install those Apps from Splunkbase and you should be able to use it. Read the description on the Splunkbase page for details.

• If these Apps directly cannot help you with what you need to achieve then it will be high effort task.

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@anooshac - Kindly consider upvoting if the answers were helpful.

And if my original answer were helped you resolve your question, kindly consider accepting the answer by clicking on "Accept as Solution" button.

0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

@VatsalJagani,Yeah Sure.

I had one more doubt. Is it possible to export only the tables present in the dashboard? Will it be possible using rest api or javascript?

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes with custom Javascript, you could possibly do virtually anything on the browser side.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...