Dashboards & Visualizations

How to creat a chart over multiple fields?

NathanAsh
Path Finder

hi 

I need some thing like the following one as the final output

svc.JPG

I have tried some thing like this...but not the one i expected...

....query | chart values(percent) over svc by ResponseCode 

is it possible to include something like this, checked and its not working...

....query | chart values(percent) over Channel,svc by ResponseCode

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

| stats values(percent) as percent by Channel,svc,ResponseCode
| eval {ResponseCode} = percent
| fields - ResponseCode percent
| stats values(*) as * by Channel,svc
| fillnull value=0

View solution in original post

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As @gcusello said - it doesn't work this way in Splunk. It's indeed not Excel, but that's not the _reason_. It's just that it's impossible to have such relationship between separate rows of results - in Splunk every result is an entity in its own rights so you can't "make" one result row to "stick" with another one.

Maybe - just maybe - someone did a custom visualization which merges cells on presentation but I doubt that.

You can use multivalue functions to simulate this behaviour to some extent but this functionality is very limited and doesn't allow for - for example - reordering several columns "together". It doesn't work well with "holes" in the results either.

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

| stats values(percent) as percent by Channel,svc,ResponseCode
| eval {ResponseCode} = percent
| fields - ResponseCode percent
| stats values(*) as * by Channel,svc
| fillnull value=0

NathanAsh
Path Finder

Hi,

I have another query in connection with these queries output. Don't know whether to open another request or continue with this..

Let me brief the requirements here,

I am planning to create an alert based on the above query results, in that i need to include the trigger condition as response code 200's value less than 85% records to be mailed. how do I go about configuring the trigger condition. I am just trying search 200<85, yet to see the alert being generated.

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @NathanAsh ,

it's always better to open a new question to have a quicker and maybe better answer.

Always remember to accept one answer for te other people of the Community and giving Karma Points to all the Contributors.

Anyway, I hint to insert the condition in the alert search and configure your alert when there are results.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

NathanAsh
Path Finder

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, finally I did that already its working fine. Even that search custom query was working , it got messed up in the mail filtering rules. Thanks for your suggestions .

0 Karma

NathanAsh
Path Finder

Thanks, something better results

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @NathanAsh ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the contributors 😉

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @NathanAsh,

Splunk isn't Excel, so it isn't possible to exactly have this output.

You have only one workaround:

having the channel value in each row, in the same field of the ResponseCode:

| eval Column= Channel." - ".svc
| chart values(percent) over Column by ResponseCode

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...