Dashboards & Visualizations

How to combine 2 csv with 3 csv to get the correct data

aditsss
Motivator

Hi Everyone,

I have one requirement where I need to combine 3 csv with 3 csv for Environment E1,E2 and E3 . I have made the query like this:

|inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2.csv|append [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E2.csv]|append [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E3.csv]|join type=outer JOBFLOW_ID [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER.CSV ]
|join type=outer JOBFLOW_ID [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E2.csv ]
|join type=outer JOBFLOW_ID [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E3.csv]|where Environment="E3"|eval y=20|eval Run_date1= y."".RUNDATE2|eval Run_Date=strftime(strptime(Run_date1,"%Y%m%d"),"%d/%m/%Y")|eval nowdate=strftime(relative_time(now(), "-7d@d" ), "%d/%m/%Y")|stats sum(JOB_EXEC_TIME) as TotalExecTime by JOBFLOW_ID |eval TotalExecTime=round(TotalExecTime,2)|sort -TotalExecTime limit=10

The issue I am facing is its showing the data only for E3 even when I am putting environment as E1 or E2 despite there is Data in E1 and E2.

Can someone guide me what's wrong in my query.

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is JOBFLOW_ID unique across all three environments i.e. each JOBFLOW_ID only exists in one environment (and therefore at most the two corresponding csv files)?

The where clause is restricting the Environment to E3 - are you saying that you only get E3 data even if this where clause is changed to E2 etc?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator
Spoiler

@ITWhisperer 

Jobflow id is common in all three environments.

I am getting correct data when I combine like this:

|inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2.csv|append [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E2.csv]|append [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E3.csv]|where Environment="E2"|eval y=20|eval Run_date1= y."".RUNDATE2|eval Run_Date=strftime(strptime(Run_date1,"%Y%m%d"),"%d/%m/%Y")|eval nowdate=strftime(relative_time(now(), "-7d@d" ), "%d/%m/%Y")|stats sum(JOB_EXEC_TIME) as TotalExecTime by JOBFLOW_ID |eval TotalExecTime=round(TotalExecTime,2)|sort -TotalExecTime limit=10

But when I combine 3 more csv then data is not correct.

Is there something problem in append:

|inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2.csv|append [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E2.csv]|append [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E3.csv]|join type=outer JOBFLOW_ID [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER.CSV ]
|join type=outer JOBFLOW_ID [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E2.csv ]
|join type=outer JOBFLOW_ID [ inputlookup JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E3.csv]|where Environment="E2"|eval y=20|eval Run_date1= y."".RUNDATE2|eval Run_Date=strftime(strptime(Run_date1,"%Y%m%d"),"%d/%m/%Y")|eval nowdate=strftime(relative_time(now(), "-7d@d" ), "%d/%m/%Y")|stats sum(JOB_EXEC_TIME) as TotalExecTime by JOBFLOW_ID |eval TotalExecTime=round(TotalExecTime,2)|sort -TotalExecTime limit=10

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By unique across environments I mean do all the values of  JOBFLOW_ID in JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2.csv only exist in JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER.csv and  all the values of  JOBFLOW_ID in JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E2.csv only exist in JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E2.csv and  all the values of  JOBFLOW_ID in JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E3.csv only exist in JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E3.csv

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

yes its correct:

By unique across environments I mean do all the values of  JOBFLOW_ID in JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2.csv only exist in JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER.csv and  all the values of  JOBFLOW_ID in JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E2.csv only exist in JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E2.csv and  all the values of  JOBFLOW_ID in JOB_MDJX_CS_STATS_2_E3.csv only exist in JOB_MDJX_CS_MASTER_E3.csv

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...