Dashboards & Visualizations

How to color fields based field value and Blank value

UMDTERPS
Communicator

Hi! 😃

First Question - I'm having a little trouble with my XML that is trying to color a field based on value and blank value. I have a field called "Status" that has a date in this format "3/24/2020" and if it doesn't have a date, it's blank.  If the field has a date the field will be green, if the field is blank it will be colored grey.

My current XML is as follows:

<format type="color" field="Status">
<colorPalette type="expression">if (like(value,""),"#00b33c","#A9A9A9")</colorPalette>

The above XML half works, it colors in the fields with dates Green, but the fields that are blank it leaves white as normal and doesn't give the grey color. 

Any ideas how to solve this with simple XML?

Second Question - Is it possible to color a specific cell a color using simple XML?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are they blank (present with nothing in) or null (not present). Try something like

<colorPalette type="expression">if (isnotnull(value),"#A9A9A9","#00b33c")</colorPalette>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are they blank (present with nothing in) or null (not present). Try something like

<colorPalette type="expression">if (isnotnull(value),"#A9A9A9","#00b33c")</colorPalette>

0 Karma

UMDTERPS
Communicator

Looks like if you flip the color scheme it works:

<colorPalette type="expression">if (isnotnull(value),"#00b33c","#A9A9A9")</colorPalette>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...