Dashboards & Visualizations

How to color code cells based on range of another field?

russell120
Communicator

Hi, please consider this example panel within my dashboard:

ticketID    due_date   days_remaining
ticket1    07/20/2019      19
ticket2    08/20/2019      49
ticket3    09/20/2019      79

I know I can color the days_remaining field using the UI, but my quesition is: how do I color cells under due_date based on the range the corresponding days_remainingfield values are within? The range conditions are 0-30 is red, 31-60 is yellow, and 61-90 is green.

With the example panel above, 07/20/2019 should be red, 08/20/2019 should be yellow, and 09/20/2019 should be green.

Note: I'm a Power User at work so I don't have access to .conf files. Can I achieve my solution using xml? Or maybe JavaScript (if I even have access).

0 Karma

russell120
Communicator

Hi, both of your provided links require that I have access to Splunk directories. As mentioned in my initial post, I'm only a Power User. I don't have access to Splunk directories unfortunately.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...