Dashboards & Visualizations

How to check the number of users and their access counts to the dashboards

aditsss
Motivator

Hi Everyone,

I have one requirement. We have over 100 dashboards built for our App. Our team spends a lot of time monitoring the availability and accuracy of these dashboards.

I want to see the list of users who are visiting the dashboards  with the count.

I am using the below query:

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access EPSF_Infrastructure NOT splunkd user!="-"
| rex field=uri "^/[^/]+/app/(?<app>[^/]+)/(?<dashboard>[^?/\s]+)"
| search NOT dashboard IN (alert alerts dashboards dataset datasets data_lab home lookup_edit reports report search splunk)
| stats count by app dashboard user

EPSF_Infrastructure is my app name.

The issue I am facing is :

I am not getting all the users who are visiting the dashboards.

Do I need to extract the users.

Can someone guide me on this.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

how about curl and awk?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@to4kawa 

How can we get through curl and awk.

I am not sure.

I have used this query but I don't know why its not giving me all the users who have access the dashboard.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access EPSF_Infrastructure NOT splunkd user!="-"
| search NOT dashboard IN (alert alerts dashboards dataset datasets data_lab home lookup_edit reports report search splunk)

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@to4kawa 

I cant use all this in my project.

Can I get from splunk directly. Can you guide me where my query is wrong.

Why its not giving all the users.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Are you asking this question to a subcontractor on a job?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@to4kawa 

Sorry for communication.

I meant to say I want to fetch the results from splunk only.

I am not sure why this query is not working. I checked in logs the user field is already extracted.

So I am not sure I need to extract it again or not.

Can you please guide me.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Maybe we should tally the results by search head.

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@to4kawa 

Please guide me on this.

It will be a great help.

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@to4kawa 

How can we do that?

How can we  tally the results by search head.?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@to4kawa 

Isn't there enough host?

I am not getting this but I am not getting all the users . Its showing some users only.

Not sure why already users field is extracted.

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In alerts for splunk admins https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3796/ there is a search called SearchHeadLevel - platform_stats access summary

It's a lot more detail than you need but might give you an example to work from 

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@gjanders 

How can I check the number of users from there. 

Can you guide me . Actually I need to create the dashboard with the query to get the number of users with their access counts. 

So I made this query :

But not able to get all the users.

I want to which dashboards are accessed the most and which are not accessed at all with the user who are accessing and the counts.

Can you guide me on this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...