Dashboards & Visualizations

How to change Splunk query dynamically based on user input from dashboard?

user9025
Path Finder

I have a splunk dashboard with dropdown as different client names : A,B,C,ALL.

There will be logs for each client and then I need to search and print the count of selected client from logs, I am able to do that if a user selects A ,B or C, but there is no such client as ALL, if a user selects all, I want to see all logs for A,B,C and sum them and show them in dashboard.

A log look like:

Client Map Details : {A=123, B=245, C=456}

If a user selects A, we show 123 and plot on graph

If a user selects B, we show 245 and plot on graph

If a user selects C, we show 456 and plot on graph

Query for above:

index=temp  sourcetype="xyz" "Client Map Details : " "A"  | rex field=_raw "A=(?<count>\d+)" |  table _time count

But how can I change query based on user input "ALL" and run another splunk query that will see all such lines , and iterate over map and sum each value, 123+456+245 and then give a value to plot?

How do we change slunk query based on user input from dashboard ?

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...