Dashboards & Visualizations

How to change Punchcard Visualization Categorical colors for bubbles?

craigkleen
Communicator

Hi all,

I'm at a bit of an impasse.  An executive would like to see colors that make sense to him in my Punchcard visualization of the number of WiFi devices in a particular space.  My data looks like this:

date_hour Location Capacity CapacityColor

0 Art Museum Staff 10 5
0 Lobby 3 5
1 Art Museum Staff 10 5
1 Lobby 5 5
10 Art Museum Staff 31 4
10 Lobby 90 2
11 Art Museum Staff 34 4

I have fiddled with all manner of "CapacityColor", charting options, even the field options I found at:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.0/DashStudio/objOptRef 

I've tried my search in both Dashboard Studio and Classic, though I'll be honest, I prefer Classic.  The best I seem to be able to do is using Sequential and setting max/min to like red and green.  Very "autumn" palette of 5 colors comes out, but I can't change the legend.  If I set the CapacityColor to match "Capacity" based on some thresholds like 90,75,50,10,0 it picks seemingly random numbers for the legend (which will confuse said executive).

I wanted to be able to use fieldColors={"Over 90%": "red" ... } like I've seen with other charting options, but I haven't found an iteration of that which works either in the punchcard visualization.

Has anyone found a way to modify the colors?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...