Dashboards & Visualizations

How to build metrics report with different access controls?

siva_cg
Path Finder

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to build a metrics report with below conditions

• Similar report for 3 different teams (each should not access the other)
  • Underlying data (within the index) may contain sensitive information. So, only the report should be accessible but not the entire index data
  • Metrics of 3 different teams are present in the same index and sourcetype
  • Should be flexible to include extra information (in future) within the report (for history as well)

With these requirements, I thought of below solutions but could not meet all requirements.

Embedded reports

Runs only for specific scheduled time range. So, no flexibility in selecting different time ranges.

Summary Indexing

Need to create separate summary indexes (per team) and create a report/dashboard using summary index but adding extra information for history metrics is difficult (that's my perception, correct me if I am wrong!)

Creating datasets

We can create separate datasets with one single root search but not sure how access controls should be with datasets. Please enlighten!

Do we have any other better solution please? OR Do you feel one among the above solution would be better to meet my requirements?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...