Dashboards & Visualizations

How to achieve drilldown from Dashboard Studio with results field value passed to it as token?

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi Everyone,

Need one help,
I am trying to drilldown from a single value box developed in Dashboard Studio to another simple xml dashboard with values passed down as a token.

But here is a complex part.
The search populating the single value at Dashboard Studio provides two fields as a result : 
1) count_id
2) list_of_id

I want to show 'count_id' on Single Value and allow drilldown to pass "list_of_id".
I have tried $row.list_of_id$ & also $row.list_of_id.value$

Labels (4)
0 Karma

danspav
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @harshal_chakran,

You can set up the tokens in Dashboard Studio from the search results for the Single Value viz - see the docs article on Setting tokens from search results.

When you create your search, check the "Use search results or job status as tokens" checkbox:

danspav_0-1687848544441.png

Now once the search runs, you can use a token like this:

$search name:result.<field>$

In our case it would be: $Single_Value_Search:result.list_of_id$

Now in your single value drill-down you can link to the Simple XML dashboard using the token:

danspav_1-1687848840464.png

This will link to the Simple XML dashboard with the list_of_id token being set.

Cheers,

Daniel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...