Dashboards & Visualizations

How to achieve drilldown from Dashboard Studio with results field value passed to it as token?

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi Everyone,

Need one help,
I am trying to drilldown from a single value box developed in Dashboard Studio to another simple xml dashboard with values passed down as a token.

But here is a complex part.
The search populating the single value at Dashboard Studio provides two fields as a result : 
1) count_id
2) list_of_id

I want to show 'count_id' on Single Value and allow drilldown to pass "list_of_id".
I have tried $row.list_of_id$ & also $row.list_of_id.value$

Labels (4)
0 Karma

danspav
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @harshal_chakran,

You can set up the tokens in Dashboard Studio from the search results for the Single Value viz - see the docs article on Setting tokens from search results.

When you create your search, check the "Use search results or job status as tokens" checkbox:

danspav_0-1687848544441.png

Now once the search runs, you can use a token like this:

$search name:result.<field>$

In our case it would be: $Single_Value_Search:result.list_of_id$

Now in your single value drill-down you can link to the Simple XML dashboard using the token:

danspav_1-1687848840464.png

This will link to the Simple XML dashboard with the list_of_id token being set.

Cheers,

Daniel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...