Dashboards & Visualizations

How do you create a dynamic drilldown on a specific row selection?

mabinn
Explorer

Hello friends,

I have three columns: product_name, item_sold, and receipt_numbers. Only the product name and item sold are being displayed in my dashboard. When I click a graph, I want to be able to get the receipt numbers of that product:

My query lists the third column with a delimiter to combine all the receipt numbers with a "-".

source=xyz | stats count(item_sold) by product_name, delim="-" values(receipt_numbers) as receipts| mvcombine receipts | table product_name, item_sold

product_name                      item_sold                   receipts

shampoo                            3                           123-456-789
    soap                               2                           234-543
    detergent                          1                           192
    toothpaste                         4                           111-234-543-232

so based on my query, I produce a graph with product and item sold. When I click on the "item_sold" from the chart, I want to get the "receipt_number" from that field and pass it to my application. For example, if I click on "4" from toothpaste row, I want to get the string "111-234-543-232"

My XML

<query> my query above  <query>

<drilldown>
  <link target="">
      my_application/ <receipt_number_string>
  </link>
</drilldown>

I've read and tried lots of dynamic drilldown but im still lost. Thanks a lot!

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @mabinn

try below example

<dashboard>
  <label>table_3rows</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <table>
        <title>Fruits_first_tabel</title>
        <search>
          <query>|makeresults |eval  product_name="shampoo",item_sold=3,receipts="123-456-789" |append [|makeresults |eval  product_name="soap",item_sold=2,receipts="234-543"]  |append [|makeresults |eval  product_name="toothpaste",item_sold=4,receipts="111-234-543-232"] |table product_name item_sold receipts</query>
          <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="drilldown">row</option>
        <drilldown>
          <set token="first">$row.receipts$</set>
        </drilldown>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
  <row depends="$first$">
    <panel>
      <table>
        <title>$first$</title>
        <search>
          <query>|makeresults |eval  product_name="shampoo",item_sold=3,receipts="123-456-789" |append [|makeresults |eval  product_name="soap",item_sold=2,receipts="234-543"]  |append [|makeresults |eval  product_name="toothpaste",item_sold=4,receipts="111-234-543-232"] |where receipts="$first$"|table product_name item_sold receipts</query>
          <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="count">10</option>
        <option name="drilldown">row</option>
        <option name="rowNumbers">false</option>
        <drilldown>
          <set token="second">$click.value$</set>
        </drilldown>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@mabinn ,
Which visualization are you using? Table?

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

Justinboucher0
Path Finder

You need to get the receipt number in a token.

Then your parameter will have my_application/$tkn.receipt_number$

0 Karma

mabinn
Explorer

I actually tried doing this but it is not working. I thought this should be the correct answer, but token is not working.

my_application/ $row. receipts $ 

However, if I use

<drilldown>
       <link>
          my_application/ $click.value2 $ 
       </link>
    </drilldown>

I am getting: my_application/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...