Dashboards & Visualizations

How do i fix a slow dashboard to complete search and export quickly?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

The search on one of my dashboard panel is outputting log events ..... BUT it is still processing the search, even when I change the time range to just 1 minute or even 30 seconds. Is there any way I can get the search to complete as I need the option to export the panel's events to be available?

Thanks,
Patrick

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on your search and your data. For example, you can speed things up with saved reports or base searches if appropriate to your dashboard requirements.

0 Karma

POR160893
Builder

My dashboard panels never finish and just stalls ..... even when I tried to use base searches, saved searches, or reduce the time range to juts a few mins. The searches run when run by themselves too ..... just so slow in the dashboard

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
Super Champion

As described by @ITWhisperer, it depends on the data and queries you are using.

I would suggest taking one search from the dashboard and going in-depth and trying to optimize it. Generally, that is an easier approach.

Please provide more information on searches and data so we can give you more ideas.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023New Product Releases Splunk Network Explorer for Infrastructure MonitoringSplunk unveils Network ...

Security Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023 Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) 3.7.0 ReleaseThe free Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) 3.7.0 app ...

Platform Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023Peace on Earth and Peace of Mind With Business ResilienceAll organizations can start the new year ...