Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I turn a report with 4 columns into a dashboard with only 2 columns?

viji261992
Explorer

I have a report with 4 columns in that I have to create a dashboard with only using 2 columns please help

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

[UPDATED ANSWER] Based on updated details seems like removal of field is required in a chat visualization not table. You can try either one of the following (however, the percent value will not be available for further drilldown):

Option 1) use | fields - percent in the search that refers to your report i.e.

<search ref="Your Report with Three Columns">| fields - percent</search>

Option 2) use chart configuration charting.data.fieldHideList to hide unwanted field

<option name="charting.data.fieldHideList">percent</option>

@viji261992, if you have a report that produces four columns i.e. field1, field2, field3 and field4, you can add following Simple XML table option to show only two required fields i.e. field1 and field2:

<fields>field1,field2</fields>

Refer to Simple XML reference for Splunk table: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#table

viji261992
Explorer

Hi Niketnilay,

index=opennms sourcetype=events | top limit=10 eventuei is the query I am running which is giving me the result in 3 columns like eventuei, count, percentage. In this I want only 2 columns (eventuei and count ) to be displayed in my dashboard.
I need eventuei in the x-axis (with the uei names displayed) and y-axis should be count.
Please help.

0 Karma

viji261992
Explorer

I tried the below command
| fields - percent
i am getting error as "error in 'search' command:Unable to parse the search:Comparator'<' is missing a term on the left hand side.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

refer to my updated answer with couple of options since your question is related to char and not table as expected from your original question.

paulbannister
Communicator

Hi There,

Might need a few more details on this, are you look to join fields together to making the 4 columns into 2 or omit 2 columns completely?

0 Karma

viji261992
Explorer

I want to omit 2 columns completely

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...