Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I refresh all Dropdowns when Submit button is pressed?

BenjaminCCC
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have a Dashboard that has multiple Dropdowns (Environment, Time Range, Application, Search Parameters) and I have a submit button after all of these. The Application Dropdown is special in the fact that there are 2 applications that need to have the application tag added to the end of it in order to search correctly. Ex, If I want to search for an application most of them look like "index=name source=name app=appname" but for 2 of the applications it needs to look like "index=name source=name app=appname$environment$" I have figured out how to alter the token value based on whether the special apps are chosen using :

<input type="dropdown" token="application" searchWhenChanged="false">

<choice value="normalapp1">Normal App 1</choice>
    <choice value="normalapp2">Normal App 1</choice>
    <choice value="specialapp1">Special App 1</choice>
    <choice value="specialapp2">Special App 2</choice>

<change>
        <condition value="specialapp1">
            <set token="application">specialapp1$environment$</set>
        </condition>
        <condition value="specialapp2">
            <set token="application">specialapp2$environment$</set>
        </condition>
    </change>

</input>

The problem is that these changes are nested in this one dropdown so it only works properly when I change the application dropdown and not every time I press submit. Does anybody have a solution for updating all of the dropdowns every time the Submit button is pressed?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...