Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I copy over reports and dashboards from one splunk instance to another using the REST API?

kaphie2002

Hello,

I newly created a new splunk instance. I will like to copy over all the reports and dashboards from my old splunk instance to the new one. I have rest API enabled on both instances. How do I copy this over?

Thanks

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

REST API is definitely not an option for user content migration.
Is the Splunk version on new instance different from old instance? If not, you can follow this link to migrate all user content to new instance.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/Installation/MigrateaSplunkinstance

If the version is different, you can carefully copy required apps and configurations from $Splunk_Home/etc/apps and $Splunk_Home/etc/users directories of old instance to new instance.

0 Karma

kaphie2002

This is a splunk managed cloud instance so I don't have access to the server I can only use rest API commands for actions on the instance

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If the new instance is also Splunk managed cloud instance, raise ticket Splunk support to get them migrated copied over.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

If all reports and dashboards are in same app, yo can copy paste that app folder from one server to other server.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...