Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I search for one eventtype for 4 hours and a second eventtype for 8 hours in the same search?

anuremanan88
Explorer

I have to search for two logs from same index using different time range. For example one eventtype is "login" and the other eventtype is "breach". In a single search i need to search for both eventtypes. But when i do a search for last 4 hrs, it should search eventtype "breach" for last 4 hrs and eventtype "login" for last 8 hrs. Anyone can help me in this?

0 Karma

aholzer
Motivator

Something like this should do the trick for you:
(eventtype=breach earliest=-4h@h latest=now) OR (eventtype=login earliest=-8h@h latest=now)

Hope this helps

0 Karma

anuremanan88
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Here i need to search time using input filter. I use input token for this. My search would look like this

(eventtype=breach earliest=$token.earliest$ latest=now) OR (eventtype=login earliest=$token.earliest$-4h latest=now).

But its not working

0 Karma

aholzer
Motivator

it's because you can't do -4h of a token.

Here's an answer that solved modifying tokens. It's not pretty, but it should get the work done.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...