Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I create a panel that calculates everything and changes the panel color based on the value of Percent Users Online?

Engager

Greetings,

I have a code that calculates a percentage based on the value of two other panels I have. What I want to do is, Instead of having 3 different panels (ie. 1 for Total Registered Users, 1 for Total Online Users, and 1 for the Percent of Users Online), I want to have 1 panel that calculates everything and changes the panel color based on the value of Percent Users Online. The panel needs to display the Total Online Users.

alt text

0 Karma

Super Champion

Try this run anywhere search:

<dashboard>
  <label>singlevalue</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <single>
        <search>
          <query>index=_internal|eval percentage="90"|table percentage </query>
          <earliest>-15m</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
          <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
        </search>
        <option name="colorBy">value</option>
        <option name="colorMode">none</option>
        <option name="drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="numberPrecision">0</option>
        <option name="rangeColors">["0x65a637","0x6db7c6","0xf7bc38","0xf58f39","0xd93f3c"]</option>
        <option name="rangeValues">[0,30,70,100]</option>
       <option name="useColors">1</option>
       </single>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

Engager

Alright so I was looking at your code piece and it does what it is intended however, I am running into something I don't quite understand.

Here is the code I am using:

Index=winevents | dedup host
| stats count as TotalActiveHosts
| append [ ldapsearch search = "(objectClass = computer)" attrs = "cn, operatingSysem, operatingSystemVersion"
| lookup dnslookup clienthost AS cn
| search (operatingSystem = "Win*")
| stats count as TotalWinClients
| append [ makeresults
| eval Percent = round ((TotalActiveHosts/TotalWinClients) * 100, 1) ]

So here's my issue: I want to be able to display the TotalActiveHosts and change its color based on the percentage that is being calculated.

Maybe this gives you a clearer picture. All the help I can get is greatly appreciated.

0 Karma