Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I add different tabs to each panel in my dashboard?

ksander14
Engager

I want to add some tabs panels in my page. I used this code:

<panel>
    <html>
        <ul id="tabs" class="nav nav-tabs">
            <li class="active">
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link1" data-token="link1">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link2" data-token="link2">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link3" data-token="link3">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link4" data-token="link4">...</a>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </html>
</panel>

<panel>
    <html>
        <ul id="tabs2" class="nav nav-tabs">
            <li class="active">
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link5" data-token="link5">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link6" data-token="link6">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link7" data-token="link7">...</a>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </html>
</panel>

but in this case if I choose tab in first panel, tab in second panel not shown, similarly if I choose . So, two panels work like one - I only can choose one tab in two panels, but I need choose one tab in the first panel and one tab in the second panel.

Can I create more than one normal tabs panels?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

have you looked at the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app? https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/
There is a Link Switcher example that I think is exactly what you're looking for.
You create some link inputs inside of a panel and set/unset the tokens when one is clicked. Then you use depends for the searches inside each panel.

View solution in original post

kkrishnan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Use the same code and source the tokenlinks.js file which you can copy from the dashboard examples app.

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @ksander14, if @cmerriman solved your problem please accept the answer and close the question! 🙂

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

have you looked at the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app? https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/
There is a Link Switcher example that I think is exactly what you're looking for.
You create some link inputs inside of a panel and set/unset the tokens when one is clicked. Then you use depends for the searches inside each panel.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...