Dashboards & Visualizations

Highlight different values in a row of pivot table

shakSplunk
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have a row of a pivot table as shown in the picture. However, is there a way to make it so that if the values are different when comparing the last four rows, it will highlight the row?

If possible an even better solution would be to highlight the cell that is different AND has the least frequency number. For instance, say in the last 4 columns when looking at one row, the values are shown as '4', '4', '5', '4' - only highlight the cell that has the 5 in it because yes it is different but it also shows up the least number of times. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Please let me know if there are any issues with seeing the image.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please can you clarify if you want to highlight the different cell in each row or the whole table? Also, what if there are two cells which are different 3, 4, 4, 5, which cell to highlight?

shakSplunk
Path Finder

Apologies for the lack of detail.

1) It would be preferred that the ROW get highlighted and not the whole table itself. 

2) Good pickup - lets scrap the idea of highlighting an individual cell, instead if there is a difference in the last 4 cells in a row, highlight the whole row. 

In this example, since the last 4 cells of the second row are different. It should thus have the whole row be highlighted

foobar4444
goocar4454
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

<format type="color">
          <colorPalette type="expression">if(col1==col2 AND col3==col4 AND col2==col3,null(),"#53A051")</colorPalette>
        </format>

shakSplunk
Path Finder

Hi @ITWhisperer 

Tried the recommended approach and it would highlight the whole table in green. 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK try modifying this approach

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/How-to-add-a-color-to-the-field-in-one-column-based-on...

You would need to add a multi-value to every column that you want colouring

shakSplunk
Path Finder

Hi @ITWhisperer , thank you so much for the help. However the problem has changed slightly. I'm trying to apply this to dynamic fields in a pivot table. I've asked an additional question here as to not go to far outside the scope of this thread. 

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/Highlight-values-in-a-row-within-dynamic-p...

I'd be incredibly grateful for any help I can get with this newer more detailed question ^

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...