Dashboards & Visualizations

Global dashboard.js

sboogaar
Path Finder

Is it possible to make a dashboard.js for all pages (global)?
I want to run a specific script that adds a machine id to the header on every page in the splunk environment.
The script works perfectly at the moment for a specific app but im not able to run it on every page.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

saurabh009
Path Finder

You can use a single JavaScript file at the app level. Place a file named dashboard.js in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_app/appserver/static Every dashboard in your app will execute this JavaScript without any modifications to the actual dashboard.
To make changes global you need to make changes here:-
$SPLUNK_HOME/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/

Need to be careful when you make changes to global file.

you can find more help here:-
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.4/Module/Simplecustomizations

sboogaar
Path Finder

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/my_app_name/appserver/static is exactly how I have it, but I want it everywhere/global.

0 Karma

sboogaar
Path Finder

@saurabh009 How do you apply changes on a distributed environment?

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@sboogaar You can refernce the script using script=":.js" in your form or dashboard tag.
For example if your js is in search app and you want to reference in some other app, use this in the other app

<dashboard script="search:dashboard.js">
0 Karma

sboogaar
Path Finder

I do not want to add it manually to every other dashboard I want to use one everywhere if possible. Else I could also just put it in the static directory of each app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...