Dashboards & Visualizations

Generating csv file from a submit button in dashboard

av_
Path Finder

Hi, 

The requirement is that the user makes a dynamic selection (time range from time picker, environment from env dropdown and few more) and click submit button and as soon as hi clicks submit, a csv file should be generated as per the user input selection and later on the user should be able to reference that csv in the dashboard panel to create different visualisations. 

Is that possible in Splunk? 

Labels (4)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The outputlookup command has a create_context option which can be set to user to create user-specific versions of the lookup (csv) file.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/9.1.2312/SearchReference/Outputlookup

0 Karma

av_
Path Finder

Thanks @ITWhisperer for the prompt reply. 
I don’t understand how a csv file would be generated on the click of a submit button in a dashboard. Can you please elaborate more.

the user selections would be 1. Time range and click submit. 
the panel will show the results for a query which runs for the selected time range. 

now the question is how can I export it to a csv automatically. And later on use this csv for different visualisation in a dashboard panel

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which bit don't you understand? How to set up a submit button, or how to have a panel search execute if a token changes?

Your panel search could be a hidden panel whereby the search uses outputlookup as I suggested.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...