Dashboards & Visualizations

Error while creating custom view

keerthana_k
Communicator

I am currently using Splunk version 4.3.1. When I tried creating a custom module for my specific requirement, I am getting the following error when I navigate to the view:

"Splunk cannot find the "dashboardxxxxx" view."

When I checked the web_service.log file the following error was shown:

2013-01-17 09:36:25,201 ERROR [50f7c61913d5423d0] memoizedviews:116 - Error loading view "dashboardxxxxx"
2013-01-17 09:36:25,201 ERROR [50f7c61913d5423d0] memoizedviews:117 - global name 'lib' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/memoizedviews.py", line 109, in getParsedView
parsed_view = self._generateViewRoster(viewid, native_view, viewobj.getFullPath())
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/memoizedviews.py", line 200, in _generateViewRoster
for item in self._moduleGenerator(module, panelName=viewName, usageCounter=localUsageCounter):
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/memoizedviews.py", line 375, in _moduleGenerator
for x in childOutput: yield x
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/memoizedviews.py", line 375, in _moduleGenerator
for x in childOutput: yield x
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/memoizedviews.py", line 319, in _moduleGenerator
lib.message.send_client_message(
NameError: global name 'lib' is not defined

Please help on how to resolve this issue.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

keerthana_k
Communicator

There was an issue in the conf file of my custom module to define the parameters. Once the issue was fixed, the dashboard was loaded correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

keerthana_k
Communicator

There was an issue in the conf file of my custom module to define the parameters. Once the issue was fixed, the dashboard was loaded correctly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...