Dashboards & Visualizations

Error parsing dashboard XML: malformed URI sequence.

ShaunBaker
Path Finder

Updated Splunk 6.5.x to 7.3.0 and now one of my main dashboards has, "Error parsing dashboard XML: malformed URI sequence. Go to "Edit Source" to fix."

Going into "Edit source", it states "Error on line -1: malformed URI sequence"

First few lines of XML:
``

> `<form>   <label>Overview -
> v2.4</label>   <fieldset
> submitButton="false"
>             autoRun="true">
>     <input type="time"
>            searchWhenChanged="true">
>     
Tags (1)
0 Karma

jacobpevans
Motivator

Greetings @ShaunBaker,

Indeed it looks messed up to me. It should look like this:

<form>
  <label>Overview - v2.4</label>
    <fieldset submitButton="false" autoRun="true">
      <input type="time" searchWhenChanged="true">  
Cheers,
Jacob

If you feel this response answered your question, please do not forget to mark it as such. If it did not, but you do have the answer, feel free to answer your own post and accept that as the answer.
0 Karma

ShaunBaker
Path Finder

Still Errors when formatted as above. This was a working dashboard before the 7.3 upgrade.

0 Karma

jacobpevans
Motivator

If it was working before the upgrade, and it now looks like as you posted, I would try just restoring that single dashboard XML from a backup and go from there.

Cheers,
Jacob

If you feel this response answered your question, please do not forget to mark it as such. If it did not, but you do have the answer, feel free to answer your own post and accept that as the answer.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...