Dashboards & Visualizations

Drill down

uagraw01
Builder

Hello Splunkers!!

I have below code for my Dashboard. In this code I have an issue with two panels. The two I have mentioned below. In "<title>Vulnerable panel" i have used drilldown and use that drill down in "<title>Vulnerabilities</title>" panel. But the drilldown is not working . My expectations once click any value from the above panel the below panel values will populate. Please suggest me some ideas on the same.

Panel :<title>Vulnerable Hosts : Selected host is "$hostname$"</title>

Panel : <title>Vulnerabilities</title>

Dashboard link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UCguHdcAfIcz2QXOUJvvULxGE-YSDuVj/view?usp=drivesdk

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uagraw01,

you cannot use tokens in the main dashboard title, eventually you can put it in panels' title.

I usually use a single panel in the top of the dashboard containing the token as title.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

uagraw01
Builder

Sure @gcusello noted the things. Can you please help me with the drilldown related issue ?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uagraw01,

as I said, you cannot use a token in the dashboard title.

you can create in the top of the secondary dashboard a Single Value panel using the following search:

| makeresults | head 1 | field="$hostname$" | table field

that takes the value from the drilldown.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

uagraw01
Builder

@gcusello 

<option name="drilldown">row</option>
        <option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
        <drilldown>
          <set token="click_val">$click.value2$</set>
        </drilldown>

That is the token i am using in drilldown. Previously the token was worked fine but after modified changes in the query the drilldown token was not worked.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...