Dashboards & Visualizations

Do you have to have special credentials to add input to dashboards?

Splunk188
Engager

I am trying to add a time picker to my dashboard and it is not working. Do I need certain credentials to do this? I have the following listed on my panels. It does not appear to have an edit search option only a view report option.

panel.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Splunk188
Engager

Thanks for your help. In the end, I did not need special credentials. I have to create the reports within the dashboard by adding a panel and then adding the time picker filter.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

Splunk188
Engager

I created both the dashboard and reports. Not sure what my role is. My Splunk account is through my job. I guess I will have to contact the administrator to see what my role is. Thank you.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is this a dashboard you created OR someone else on your team? What role do you have, user or power?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

March Community Office Hours Security Series Uncovered!

Hello Splunk Community! In March, Splunk Community Office Hours spotlighted our fabulous Splunk Threat ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to April Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars in April. This post ...