Dashboards & Visualizations

Default Navigation Menu not loading.

ssearwar
Explorer

The default Navigation Menu for an app is not loading when loaded in the nav folder.

From the ui, I see the the following message, but there are is no "New" button or "Add new" in the User Interface section for Navigation Menu:

"There are no configurations of this type. Click the "New" button to create a new configuration."

Is this a bug with 6.0?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

I don't know if it is a bug, but I would get around it this way:

Using a text editor, create the file /opt/splunk/yourApp/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml (or the equivalent path on your system). In that file, put

<nav>
    <view name="flashtimeline" default="true" />
    <collection label="Views">
        <view source="unclassified" />
    </collection>
    <collection label="Reports">
        <saved source="unclassified" />
    </collection>
</nav>

This isn't great, but it should give you a very basic default navigation. Hopefully, that will let you get started...

And this should work on either 5.x or 6.0

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

This is not the way to accomplish that.

You should look at roles and permissions first.

0 Karma

dishasaxena
Path Finder

Hi,

I would like to know, if I need to edit this navigation menu for "Search" App but only for any particular user, then how will I achieve it.

I mean, if I am creating a new user to whom I don't want to give access to Icons like Pivot, Alerts, Dashboards, etc on Navigation Menu of Search App, then what changes would I need to make.

Regards,
Disha

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Thanks for the Memories! Splunk University, .conf24, and Community Connections

Thank you to everyone in the Splunk Community who joined us for .conf24 – starting with Splunk University and ...

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...